Mountain climbing is an activity that is definitely considered exciting and fun.
While it is viewed as something exhilarating, one must never discount the fact that it is dangerous outdoor activity as well. With that said, everyone who is set to climb a mountain must be aware of important tips before starting your trek.
In this article, you will learn about practical advices on mountain climbing. So keep on reading to be educated and ready before you set foot on the summit of your country’s highest peak (or just another mountain for beginners).
Here are some of the tips that we have gathered:
1. Read a lot. Before you decide to go on trekking, make sure that you have already done your homework. Yes, you need to read a number of materials that will help you prepare for your dream adventure. By doing some research, you will be equipped with knowledge on the skills required for mountain climbing and mental preparation techniques, among others. By the way, there are also videos you can search for over the internet that talk about it.
2. Know your mental strength. Why is this important? More than your physical strength, mental strength is first and foremost your essential consideration. Do you get rattled easily? Are you panicky? Are you quick at problem solving? These are just few of the many questions that you need to ask yourself if you are already decided to climb a mountain.
3. Prepare yourself physically. As we have already discussed above, physical preparation is also an integral part of this so-called extreme sport especially that you need to assess your endurance and physical strength before hitting the peak. The solution? Get fit weeks (or even month) before your climb.
4. Have your own gear. This sport has its own set of required outdoor gear. In short, before you go trekking, make sure that you have already purchased (or borrowed) and prepared the gear that you are going to bring with you the moment you start your hike. If you quite unsure of the things you will need, research about them. You can do it through online search or by contacting your local tourism office or tour operator.
5. Be knowledgeable of mountaineering ethics. You have to be aware that this particular outdoor activity also has its own set of ethics. Learn about them.
6. Train before your schedule. Even weeks before your scheduled climb, you can already start training to prepare your mind and body. Some training activities may include wall climbing and basic first aid techniques.
These tips can be summarized into a simple statement: to prepare both your mind and body as you start your so-called mountain climbing adventure!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9096997